Monday, August 20, 2007

Barbie Collector Diwali Barbie Doll Festivals Of The World


The most important and magical festival celebrated in India is Diwali. Homes are decorated with marigolds and mango leaves, thousands of oil diyas or lamps are lit as auspicious symbols of good luck, and everyone enjoys sweets to the sound of firecrackers and revelers. Diwali Barbie Doll wears a teal sari with golden detailing, a lovely pink duppata, and exotic jewelry. The final detail is a Bindi - a forehead decoration worn in South and Southeast Asia. Diwali Barbie Doll cannot stand alone. I really wanted to get the DOTW Princess of India, but was unable to find her so when I saw Diwali Barbie I knew I had to get her.
I love the dolls of the World Collection, I also like watching Indian Movies (Bollywood), personally she looks like those typical Indian Actresses on Indian movies, another reason why I bought her, this doll definitely looks like Bollywood Actress Ashwarya Rai, Anyways back to the review, she has beautiful light greyish side glancing eyes , she has very cute jewellery on her and her sari is just so cute, the designer of this doll really did a good job on her. My only con is that she doesn't look like the doll on the picture on the card, she is beautiful anyway, she comes complete with stand, collector card and Certificate of Authenticity.